You Can Make A Difference
The work of the Child Advocacy Center is strongly supported by volunteers and members of the community who are as committed to helping protect area children from child abuse and neglect as we are.
We offer a wide variety of opportunities for members of the community to be part of our mission.
As a non-profit organization, the Child Advocacy Center relies on committed volunteers to help support the word we do.
Before contacting us, please review the following to see if we might be a match for your availability and interests:
- Volunteer opportunities are only available in Springfield & West Plains, MO.
- The CAC operates during normal weekday business hours (8:00 to 5:00, Monday-Friday).
- Most of our assignments are clerical or assistance with special events.
If you are interested in volunteering with the CAC, we ask that you are able to commit to 40 hours to our organization over an agreed upon period of time. All volunteers must pass a background check before volunteering in our centers. Please review the volunteer responsibilities before contacting us to see if we’re a good fit for your availability and interests. If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the CAC Volunteer Application below and email it to email@example.com.
Volunteers help us with special events and fundraisers held throughout the year in both Springfield and West Plains.
If you are interested in volunteering at a Child Advocacy Center event, please contact Stephanie Plank at (417) 831-2327 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Ways To Help
If volunteering onsite or assisting with special events isn’t a good match for you, here are other ways you can help support the Child Advocacy Center’s mission.
- Donate Items On Our Wish List. We accept donations of specific items to include in the Care Bags we provide for the children we serve, as well as supplies to keep our centers in Springfield and West Plains well stocked. Current Items On Our Wish List.
- Host A Supply Drive. Download our toolkit to help you host a supply drive for the CAC. Supply Drive Toolkit
- Host A “Make A Blanket” Day. Gather a group of your friends and make some no-sew fleece blankets for the CAC! Blankets are a big part of our Comfort Item Policy where every child and sibling that visits the CAC leaves with their very own blanket. Check out our No Sew Fleece Blanket Instructions to learn how to make them. You can drop blankets off at our Administrative Offices building at 1041 E. Walnut St. anytime between 8-5pm, Monday through Friday.
- Host A “Dress Down For The CAC” Day At Your Workplace
- CAC Lunch And Learn. Host a “lunch and learn” event to raise awareness about the CAC within your organization or among your friends.
- Help Us Sell Snowflakes. During the month of December, we need organization partners to sell snowflakes as part of our “Up to Snow Good” campaign.
- Sponsor A CAC Event. Download our current sponsorship opportunities.
- Take A Tour. Come take a tour of our center to learn more about our work protecting area children from abuse and neglect.
- Stewards for Children Training. Darkness to Light’s flagship, evidence-informed prevention training helps adults prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. The training is two hours in length and features survivor stories, experts in the field, and other concerned individuals, all providing practical guidance to prevent child sexual abuse. Learn more about Stewards of Children®.
Questions? Contact Lori Barnes Miller, Development Director at Lori@childadvocacycenter.org or 417-831-2327.